« Looking Through a Microscope (顯微世界) | Main | 8 really, really scary predictions »

December 09, 2008

Comments

Fred

Paradigm shift is continuous with no clear watershed moment or event. You can only observed the long lasting effect after the impact has been done several years later. For example, the high oil price last Summer has created a temporary paradigm shift in automobile industry toward smaller more energy efficient cars but it may not last as the oil price dropped in the Fall. The bad habit is hard to kick. Returning to family and religion is also a continuous development in the US (especially in the South). Family and Religion are huge part of the social fabric if not 60% of your life after work. Each football game starts with a prayer. Sport/hobbies perhaps occupied the rest of 40%. Religion here also form a different style of entertainment for the minds and soul. Technology will still lead the next wave of paradigm shift in both biomedical or information.

The comments to this entry are closed.

My Photo

October 2021

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            
Blog powered by Typepad
Member since 10/2004